So we made it to dallas yesterday morning. We got a call at 1am friday morning saying mediflight was on the way to pick us up. They arrived around 345 am or so. So we went to wileypost airport and caught our flight then flew into love airport and took another ambulance here. The crew was so nice and sweet to kenadie. Once we got here we got greeted by many nurses and docs. The level of care here is something else. You get a totally different feeling here. We had another echo where the learned the pressures in her heart are higher than this past week. So they are cocerned about that. While in the echo the dr came in and told us that our surgery is monday morning 730 am. Not once have we heard oh she is so small we need her to gain weight. Nope.. It is the opposite. It is oh we do this all the time here. The surgeon came in today and was so nice. I got this great feeling about him. So that makes me happy. The nurses make us so happy and they have a room just for telemetry monitoring. They see a drop you have nurses running in here. The floor we are on is just cardiac kids. And the nurses are specifically trained just for that. I was so scared coming here but now i can't tell you how grateful i am that we are here. When i got off the mediflight i had this overwhelming calming feeling and then i knew we were going to be okay with her.
So today the surgeon came in and said yep we are going to fix her. Sign this paper and that one. Then he accessed her and told us how beautiful she is. He was really nice and personable. I feel pretty calm about him working on my child.
I miss my other girls really bad. Genesis wants to know when momma is going to come home and i told her that we will be home after sisters heart gets fixed. Alexus is still broke out in her rash so i feel bad that i am not there to comfort her also. But i do know that she is in great hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you all are in good hands now. I am saying a prayer for Kenadie!!
Honey I am so glad you are in Dallas they know exactly what to do there .. I have nothing but confidence in their care. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers !
I am relieved that you feel much better in Dallas and the facility. They will take good care of Kenadie (and you!) so try to relax as best you can. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!
praising GOD you are in more competent hands now!!! no more wishy washy! praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery so you and kenadie can get back home and everyone can be a family!!
I am so glad to hear that you are in a better place with people who are a comfort to you. Many prayers are coming your way.
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling good about her new docs and hospital. I will be saying a prayer for her during her surgery.
Oh Sweetie, I'm so glad things are looking up and you are in such good hands now! Saying extra prayers for baby K and the rest of your family!!
YAY! So glad you guys made it in okay and you are in better, more competent hands here. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers through this.
Oh that is such great news Alisha! It is such a big comfort to really be somewhere you feel comfortable with. Praying for Kenadie!
Post a Comment